University of Chester
The University of Chester is currently celebrating its 180th anniversary, making us one of the oldest higher education providers in the UK.
With 20,000 students from 130 countries worldwide, Chester provides a diverse, vibrant and safe location for international students.
The University of Chester offers more than 300 degrees across our campuses (Parkgate, Kingsway, Queen’s Park, Riverside, Thornton, University Centre Shrewsbury, University Centre Reaseheath, Warrington).The University of Chester has 8 Faculties and in 2013, they acquired the Shell Technology Centre in Thornton, which is now home to the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
The University of Chester is a public institution and as such, is reviewed and audited regularly by numerous government agencies. They are committed to maintaining high academic standards and the quality of our educational provision has been praised by higher education evaluators such as QAA and OFSTED. The University of Chester was awarded Silver status in the UK government first ever TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) ranking released in 2017, alongside prestigious institutions such as King’s College London and Durham University. For the second year running, the University of Chester has been rated as one of the top 10 places in the UK to carry our postgraduate research (The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey 2019). The quality of teaching at the University of Chester was ranked 24th out of 131 UK Universities by The Times Good University Guide 2019).
The city of Chester is located very close to Manchester and Liverpool and is one of the loveliest and on every tourist’s ‘must see’ itinerary. Each year over 8 million people flock from all over the world to see one of the best preserved walled cities in Europe. It is a vibrant city that is as famous for its plenitude of shopping and dining options as well as for its expanding industries. Companies such as Airbus, Bank of America, HBOS, Coca Cola Schweppes, Marks & Spencer, TATA, General Motors, Bentley, and Electronic Arts Technologies have large-scale operations based in the immediate area of the University. The city of Chester has been voted
- 5th prettiest city in Europe (USA Today 2013)
- 6th best city in the UK (Telegraph Travel Awards 2014)
- 5th happiest city to live in Britain (Rightmove, 2015)
- Best place to live in the UK (UK Hot Housing Index, 2015)
- Safest city-based University in the North West (The Complete University Guide, 2018)
Most popular programs
- Chester Business School offers approximately 60 different business/management degrees with BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing being one of the most popular programmes
- Faculty of Science and Engineering offers courses such as Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Games Development, Chemical/Mechanical and Electronic Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities offers Law, International Relations, Psychology, Economics
- School of Medicine offers Forensic Science, Biomedical Science, Medical Genetics, Microbiology
- MSc Digital Marketing
- MSc Family and Child Psychology
- MSc Cybersecurity (Conversion)
- MSc Oncology
- MSc Gastroenterology